Treat your four-legged friend to these tasty sweet potato and apple dog treats. A healthy and delicious recipe for your canine companion…
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato and applesauce.
- Add the whole wholewheat flour and rolled oats to the sweet potato and applesauce mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg and then add it to the dough.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Dust a clean surface with a bit of extra flour, and roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use biscuit cutters to cut out treats in fun shapes.
- Place the cut-out treats onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the treats are firm and slightly golden.
- Allow the treats to cool completely before offering them to your furry friend.
- Store these sweet potato and apple treats in an airtight container.
As always, check with your veterinarian to make sure these dog treats are suitable for your dog’s individual dietary needs.