Entrepreneur and queen of crafts, Sara Davies brings you a step-by-step guide to help you make her Cork Notice Board…
Looking to kick your organisation game up a notch this year? Channel your inner creative queen and try your hand at making this cork notice board following a simple step-by-step guide. Say goodbye to clutter and hello to organisation thanks to Sara Davies’ crafts!
What You’ll Need
- A circular tray
- Thick rope
- Glue gun
- Metallic marker pens or ordinary markers
- Drawing pins
How To Make It
- First, plug in your glue gun to allow it to heat up.
- Take your circular tray and place it in front of you on your work surface.
- Next, start adding a small amount of glue onto one end of each of the corks.
- Adhere the corks onto the base of the tray by pressing them firmly into place.
- Continue to add corks to the entire surface of the tray until it’s completely covered and then set it aside to dry for a couple of hours.
- Once dry, take the marker pens and colour the tops of some of the corks, leaving some of them uncoloured.
- Take the piece of rope and wrap it around the edge of the tray, adhering it into place with the glue gun as you go around and leaving some slack on the top to create a loop for hanging.
- Set aside to dry.
- Grab some drawing pins and pin up your pictures, your takeaway menus, shopping lists, party invites and anything else you can think of that will keep your life in check on your handy and stylish new notice board!