The Jewel Jar, a boutique online store that specialises in contemporary handmade jewellery, is introducing its Autumn collection at an exclusive preview event at Whitewall Art Gallery in York (9 Davygate, YO1 8QR) on 24 September from noon until 5.00pm.
The afternoon will provide the perfect backdrop to explore the latest jewellery trends, learn how to select the perfect pieces to suit your style and personality, shop The Jewel Jar’s Autumn collection and find out from the founder about the heritage, story and sustainable consciousness behind this exceptional brand while enjoying a complimentary glass of prosecco.
The Jewel Jar champions talented independent designers from India who use traditional techniques to create beautiful and intricate pieces that bridge the gap between ancient and modern.
The ethos behind the business lies in a desire to inspire women to feel confident in their own skin by providing a diverse and unique range of jewellery from minimal to bold statement pieces for everyday wear as well as special occasions.
Parneet Kaur, Founder of The Jewel Jar explained: “I’m thrilled to be showcasing my new collection in the stunning city of York and introducing people from across the city to the colour, dazzle and beauty that is The Jewel Jar. I believe that jewellery is a form of self expression that empowers people to be experimental with their own style. Coming from an Indian heritage myself, I found that traditional jewellery was often limited to special occasions so set about bringing together an eclectic mix of jewellery with personality for diverse women to wear.”
The Jewel Jar specialises in a versatile range of earrings, bracelets and bangles, rings and headpieces from:
– Everyday Essentials – wardrobe staples suited to everyday dressing (delicate necklaces in gold and rose gold, stud earrings, classic pearls and dainty rings)
– Statement Finds – unique and bold pieces that add colour, drama and glamour for outstanding style day or night (chokers and collar necklaces, long earrings, chunky rings, layered pendant necklaces, studs or dainty rings featuring Swarovski crystals,
semi-precious stones, pearls, enamelling and carving)
– Classic Gold – versatile, elegant and timeless pieces that complement a range of outfits (collar necklaces, bun cages, earrings, cuff bracelets and chokers with intricate detailing in 22k gold plating)
– Traditional Treasures – elegant, heritage classics with a modern twist for celebration events
– Party Picks for special occasions that transforms daywear into an evening outfit with effortless elegance (sparkling crystals and dainty pearls with classic gold and rose gold finishes)
– Sustainable Choices – sustainably handcrafted unique and modern pieces utilising wood and other biodegradable materials with timeless intricate designs that keep the traditional heritage flavour alive.
Anyone who would like to attend should email [email protected] to reserve a place as they will be allocated on a first come first served basis.