Creme Egg Fondant
100g Dark Chocolate
100g plain flour
½ tbsp vanilla extract
1 cream egg per person (4 in total )
½ tbsp salt
2 whole eggs
1. Melt butter and chocolate together in a bowl and whisk together to form a chocolate liquid.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and whole eggs until the mixture doubles in size and forms a thick paste. We take this to what’s called a ‘ribbon stage’ – where the mix holds itself.
3. Fold sieved flour into the egg mixture and bring it together. This should resemble a cake batter texture with some layers of bubbles.
4. Mix the chocolate liquid with the cake batter and bring it all together. At this stage, the mixture should be light and look a bit like chocolate mousse.
5. Now season the mix with a good pinch of sea salt. This will help bring the chocolate flavour through when baking.
6. Butter moulds with a pastry brush, dust with coco powder lightly and then fill the moulds. Place the chocolate Creme Egg into the centre and bake in the oven at 180°C for 11 minutes.
7. After 11 minutes, remove from the oven and carefully place into a bowl. Serve with ice creme of your choice and enjoy!
Follow Kyle’s foodie antics on Instagram: @kgreenwood92