Elegant, exotic and as easy as 1, 2, 3…
30ml The Lakes Elderflower Gin Liqueur
10ml sugar syrup
50ml dry white wine
1. Stir all ingredients until very cold in a mixing glass.
2. Strain into a pre-chilled coupe glass and garnish with an orange twist.
3. Serve and enjoy with a smile.
Enjoy 20% discount on The Lakes Distillery website using the code: LUXE20 (valid until the end of April).
Elderflower & Jasmine Highball
A pretty-as-a-picture tipple to bring a little light to dark times…
50ml Pink Elderflower & Jasmine Gin
12.5ml elderflower cordial
25ml lemon juice
Dash of soda
1. Pour gin, cordial and lemon juice into shaker.
2. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
3. Charge with soda and garnish with orange and rosemary.
4. Serve up and enjoy!
For the martini-lovers sipping away at home this spring…
3oz vodka (or gin)
2oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp water
1 packet powdered vitamin c (optional)
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave honey and water for 60 seconds and stir to combine. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Add 2 cups ice to a cocktail shaker.
2. Add vodka, lemon juice and honey mixture to a martini shaker. Whisk to combine. Then add ice to top.
3. Shake, and then strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
5. ADDING VITAMIN C: If you want to add vitamin c, you can add it directly to the shaker when you add the rest of the ingredients or you can rim the chilled martini glass with vitamin c.
The perfect concoction for those partial to a fruity, fizzy cocktail or two…
25ml Peppered Pear Edition Gin
15ml sugar syrup gomme
15ml lemon juice
1. Add the Peppered Pear Edition Gin to a shaker.
2. Shake with the sugar syrup gomme and lemon juice.
3. Strain into a champagne flute and top with sparking wine.
4. Garnish with a twist of lemon zest and drink with a smile!
Nature and science is perfectly balanced with this Northumberland-born spirit. Take a chilled glass, some green tea – add a dash of Hepple and say cheers…
100ml Hepple Gin
20ml Alsace Riesling
5ml Tío Pepe
30ml chilled Rare Tea Company Green Tea
1. Marry all of the above ingredients in a mixing glass or bottle and chill in the freezer for a couple of hours.
2. Pour into a small, chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a green olive and a small lemon twist.
4. Serve and sip in style!
King of the Hill
By Slingsby Gin
Be the king of your own castle during self-isolation with this creative concoction by Slingsby Gin…
50ml Slingsby Gooseberry Gin
50ml cloudy apple juice
20ml elderflower cordial
15ml lemon juice
Half a muddles kiwi
1. Muddle the kiwi in the base of a cocktail shaker.
2. Add all other ingredients and shake with ice.
3. Strain into a highball with crushed ice and garnish with cucumber balls and a kiwi slice.
4. Sip and enjoy!
A glorious garden cocktail – for when the sun is shining and you can self-isolate in the garden…
50ml Durham Strawberry and Pink Pepper Gin Liqueur
25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
10ml grenadine syrup
1. Fill a large glass with ice and pour in the liqueur, lemon juice and syrup.
2. Top up (slowly to create the sunrise effect) with soda water.
3. To finish, garnish with a slice of lemon and couple of cocktail cherries.