It also signals the passage of time and reflecting on what it means to be older.
Plenty of good stuff actually! Such as:
– No longer being in awe of anyone rich, gorgeous or ridiculously intelligent.
– Not feeling the need to sunbathe every time the sun comes out.
– No longer complaining about your other half, but instead coming up with strategies to keep them alive.
– Appreciating yourself… and the new confident you that has a great sense of style and a kick-ass attitude to match.
With women like Julia Roberts, Michelle Pfeiffer and Julianne Moore all embracing life in their 50s, we are seeing a new wave of women defining what it means to be ‘older’. It’s about celebrating individuality, and most importantly being comfortable in your own skin – and in your hair colour.
Covering your grey hair shouldn’t have to feel like you’re wearing a badge. Colour should be classy, sophisticated and natural to make you feel gorgeous!
The choices of professional hair colour now are vast, offering something for everyone in every shade imaginable.
Coupled with the latest free-hand techniques we are able to create the most natural of results that look super sassy to keep you looking your absolute best. Always take expert advice from your colourist who will guide you towards a colour palette that suits you to ensure you get a perfect result.
There are a few golden rules to stick to when creating the perfect colour.
1. Avoid shades that are too dark for your skin tone, and be aware that your skin may have changed over time meaning what suits you now could be rather different than a few years back.
2. Face-framing lighter strands or panels help bring a more natural look and youthful glow to the face.
3. Multi-tonal techniques help bring texture and definition, avoiding dense block colour.
4. Leave it to the experts! Home colour application lacks the class and sophistication that your colour should have.
Lets make 2019 an amazing year full of all things gorgeous and glam.
Michael Young and Gary Hooker run Hooker & Young, with five salons regionwide. hookerandyoung.co.uk